Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

SATURDAY~MAY 22

We're Here!!
OMGOSH!! I'm in CHINA!!!! This will be really fast, but I want to try and post everyday. We arrived at our hotel after midnight and we look like 2 greasy, wet rats! Thank goodness the lobby was empty :) Susan from ASIA, our agency, met us at the airport. I can tell we are going to have a fabulous time. She's GREAT! So much fun, as if you could have fun after being awake 40 hours! The flight from JFK to HK was MISERABLE. The seats were the hardest I have ever sat in and so very uncomfortable, the cusions were in 2 parts, back and seat, so there was a space where your tailbone hits the plastic, and let me just say this, 16 hours sitting in that seat, and I may just have to find Mike a new job here in China so I don,t have to fly home on CATHAY.
The Hotel..THE GARDEN, one of only 3 SUPER 5 STAR hotels in China. And walking into that lobby will blow you away. We have a 1 bedroom suite, free WIFI, and no need for converters! Well, at least not for the computer. That's as far as we got tonight.
We skyped Mike and the kids, actually when we turned on the computer ( within 2 minutes of being in our room, they were calling us. The little girls thought I was bringing home their sister today.
LITTLE DUMPLING, Susan met her last July. She said she is BEAUTIFUL, very smart and stubborn! She said they were all laughing at her stubbornness and says what's on her mind.
I can;t weait to meet her, AND I can decide on her name after our meeting! Just what I wanted to do.
Off to catch up on sleep then on to the buffet breakfast and to wonder the streets of Guangzhou. I'll post sunday night, my time.

9 comments:

Cheryl F. said...

Wow! that was a long trip 40 hours...no sleep I know you are tired. I am so Happy you made it safety...thanks for the encouragement about the seats we are flying Cathay too...so much to look forward too...I am glad that you posted have been thinking of you all day...prayers that everything goes great. You and Megan and the new addition have a great time. I have missed talking to you. Keep in touch email me your skype and I will try that too...Hugs Cheryl F.
I can't believe I will miss you by 1 day :( this has been a long adoption journey for both of us.

Candy said...

So happy you are there safe and sound. Hope you are feeling well. Can't wit for updates. Enjoy!

Chad and Kristy said...

So glad you made it there safely! Look forward to seeing some picture of you with your little dumpling :)

Steve n Coco said...

Hi Sandy,

I just saw your post over on WaitingSNChildrenChina and had to check out your blog. Then I noticed you were a fellow ASIA client! We didn't meet Susan, but the other couple in our travel group did and they RAVED about her. Have a WONDERFUL trip! I look forward to following along.
Be blessed,
Courtney

Barbara said...

I'm so excited for you and Meg and your little dumplin'! Glad you arrived safely. Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

Tammie said...

Glad to know you made it safely to China! I'm looking forward to your posts & seeing pics of Little Dumpling.

Sally-Girl! said...

Thanks for the update and info for us future travelers! You are making nervous about Cathay Pacific now. Wishing I could meet you at the end of your trip but it is not looking that way for us!

Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

great update,hmm I hope we are not flying Cathay after hearing this!
Have fun
Blessings,
Kathleen and family

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys have landed. Get some much needed sleep. Your life is again being turned upside down; wait you like roller coaster right?

I do have one quick favor when you guys are walking around Guanzho...I would love to have a couple of pairs of squeeky shoes for my new grandbaby Zachary. If you run across some little boy shoes and can pick up a couple of different pairs I would love it. I will reimburse you for cost and mailing once you get home.

Can't wait to read about your first meeting.

Susan and Kate
Riverview FL