Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It was a hard day for my girls. We visited their orphanage, GSWI, today. While we were in our room preparing our gifts for the orphanage, I had Meg explain to Hannah what we were going to do this afternoon. We were going to take diapers and goodies to the babies nd children and then say good-bye and come back home. Hannah backed away and shook her head no, with a sad little face. We went down to the lobby and Susan explained to Hannah again where we were going and made sure she knew SHE was coming back home with mommy. Hannah was very quiet on the way there and sat in my lap. As soon as she saw the orphanage come into view she sharted crying, shaking her head NO and holding onto me tight, tears falling like rain. Well, I stayed in the van with Hannah, and Susan went in with Meg. We parked our van outside the gates and Hannah started to play. We played in the van for about 45 minutes and she was doing well, then the girls came out and walked to the car with the director. Hannah saw her and stated crying, shaking her head NO and wrapping her arms aroud my arm. The director felt so bad, she just wanted to say good-bye to her. Poor baby, she just didn't understand. At least now I know she likes me and we are definately bonding.
And then the tears started.....from Meg. I KNEW that would be coming. She cried all the way back to the hotel. She loves her nannies and teachers and the director. She has missed them so much and was so torn today. That's a lot to handle at 13. More than most girls her age have experienced. We had tears off and on all evening. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. She did enjoy her visit, and they all remembered her. One nanny told her she still remembers the day she gave her the jade necklace she wears. Another one told her she would like to come to the hotel with her daughter and visit her. I hope she does.














6 comments:

Candy said...

Yes, that was an emotional day for both children. I hope Meg has a better evening.

So happy to hear that Hannah was so attached to you. That's great.

When we visited Rachel's orphanage,one of the nannies took her from me and Rachel put her arms out to come back to me. That made me feel so good. They seemed to be very happy with her response.

Can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an emotional day for all three of you. I am sure Meg will look back on this as a beautiful memory that she will treasure. Hannah will not really remember, but down on the cellular level she will know that you held her and loved on her when her heart was breaking.

Have a fun filled rest of your time there in China.

Susan and Kate
Riverview FL

Candy said...

Were any of Meg's friends still at the orphanage? If not, was she able to find out where any of them are so she could get in touch with them?

Aus said...

What a great bunch of updates! We too had some tears with the visits to the orphanages during our adoption trips - but - they were all so valuable for our kids!

Great to see the bonding going on - su very happy for you guys!

hugs - aus and co.

Lesa said...

What a Special and Hard day for all three of you.
Amazing that Meg got to visit! She will never ever forget this.

I'm so happy Hannah is bonding so well.

Sally-Girl! said...

Meg is beautiful. Having an emotional 14 year old daughter myself, I can imagine how hard that was for Meg and you. Our daughter was only in her orphanage until she was 6 months old. We went back to volunteer when she was 10, I am sure being 10 and being a baby when leaving made it easier than Meg being so much older.

You are such a good mommy to recognize the needs of both your girls. Adoption trips are not easy, even if they may look like it in photos!!