Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today's our last full day in China. We go to the US Embassy at 2:30 today for our swearing in ceremony. No cameras allowed so there will be no pictures, just the ones embedded in my heart for the rest of my life. Oh how I wish Mike were here to experience this. As I sit here this morning typing this post, my little girls are sleeping in the next room and I am gazing out at the high rise appartments of Guangzhou with it's towering skyscrapers in the background. The smog and pollution are aweful. We haven't seen the sun or stars in 2 weeks. Being from South Florida, we're used to sun, afterall, we live in THE SUNSHINE STATE. And it's raining again! Almost a constant drizzle here since we arrived. Well, sometimnes nmore than a drizzle. Looks like we will be stuck in this room all day today :( NOT what I wanted to do on our last day in CHINA.
Oh how I miss FOX NEWS!! I am a FOX NEWS JUNKIE and am having withdrawls. What the heck is going on it the world? BBC doesn;t relly give you much news. and nothing I am interested in. I need Shepard Smith!!
What's going on with Hurrican Season? It started yesterday. All we heard here was a passing news spot that they upped the prediction to 23 storms?? Can that be right? I need to get home and prepare for the next 6 months.
I guess I have a lot to do when we get home.
1. Meg wants her hair cut Saturday, she is donating it to LOCKS OF LOVE.
2. Laundry...oh I haev TONS. I told Mike not to do any laundry except towels. I don;t want to have top reeplace ewveryone's clothes when I get home, so I thought it would be safer this way, and we have 2 suitcases of dirty clothes too. No, I didn;t do laundry here, it was cheaper to buy new clothes!!!
3. Hannah has dental and medical appointments next week along with the rest of the kids.
4. figure out the bedroom situation. do I move the little girls into the big bedroom? or leave the big girls where theyn are in the big room?
5. get ready for company..our friends are coming to vist the first week of July.
6. go on vacation. We're going to NC to vist Betsy and Wendy in July.
7. register Hannah for school
And the list goes on and one and on, and I am rambling so I think I'll go wake up Hannah.
rememebr...no spell check and I'm not going to proof read, so, sorry.

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Have a nice trip home and don't worry too much about the todo list. You'll get it done eventually.

Chad and Kristy said...

I LOVE Meg's hair!!!! But at least it is going for a good cause:)

Don't spiff up to much for us:) We like the casual, laid back, looks like a tornado touched down because of 5011 kids running through the house look:) (at least that is what we are use too!)

Bummed there is no pictures today! We will be praying for safe travels home!

Candy said...

Have a safe trip home. Can't wait to meet Hannah.

Meg, you are such a sweetheart to donate your beautiful hair. You will make somebody very happy.

Enjoy the remainder of your Journey. I hope Hannah enjoys the trip home.