Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

PEARL RIVER CRUISE

Tonight we all went on the Pearl River Cruise.
It was nice and peaceful and it rained of course. I don't have my camera with me, Mike insisted we take his . I don't know how to turn the flash off, so this was the only pic that came out. It was a very pretty cruise though.

And I know you all want to hear the bad with the good, so...

WHOA NELLIE!!

Hannah a a nice little temper tantrum. Oh Ya, right there, walking onto the boat, the Pearl River not a foot from her body, and she refused to hold my hand, only would hold Megs. Well, that's not flying with this mom! A river 12 inches from you?? In the dark?? Rails of the boat wide enough for a 12 yr old to fall thru? NO WAY! I don't care how much you scream, and cry, and fall on the floor, and try to rip your hand from mine, and make your body like jello, and cause a BIG scene, I'm holding your hand! And she proceeded with the tantrum, and I proceeded holding her hand, when I wasn't carrying the screaming, fighting 5 yr old who was throwing herself on the ground. Because of where we were, and we ddn't want to cause any more of a scene than we already had, she sat on Meg's lap the entire cruise. Poor Meg. 90 minutes of holding Hannah.

And I'll tell you this, I knew she acted younger than 5 in some ways, but now I realize her emotonal development is about age 2-3. I have a 3 yr old at home but she's way past those types of temper tantrums, she just folds her arms, huffs and slams her bedroom door! Someday I'm going to take that door OFF!



















3 comments:

Candy said...

It does look like Hannah has attached very well to Meg.

She does have a beautiful smile.

I'm sure the temper tantrum was just awful, but they all seem to have them and then everything is all better.

You're almost Home!

~R said...

Well I am sorry, but also snickering about her tantrum It has been four years since our Chinese Princess "chucked a major wobblie" (or three or four) in Guangzhou, but they are unforgettable, huh? Well, at least in GZ the people are prolly more used to seeing the kids do this...it was a little more disconcerting in Vietnam when our 7 y/o flailed about like a three y/o in public!! ::Eyes rolling::
You are now down to only hours left in China...enjoy all the time you have left <3

Sammy said...

Wait till Hannah gets home and finds out who the real mom is. LOL