Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Our driver got us to the airport in plenty of time. He was great the entire 2 weeks. I should back up here...Susan was leaving for home the same evening as we were so I decided to drive to the airport with her at 5 PM. I had to check out of my room by 5 PM and was supposed to go to the airport at 7. Our flight was leaving at 10:40. So, I thought why stand in the lobby of this hotel THERE IS NO PUBLIC SEATING ANYWHERE IN THE GARDEN HOTEL... I might as well check in and take the kids to dinner at the airport. WRONG DECISION!!!! You can't check in earlier than 3 hours before your flight. The Check in counter was closed...I had to sit with ALL our luggage from 5:45 till 7:45. No eating, no drinking NOTHING!! We're lucky we found a seat as others apparently had the same dumb idea I did and they were all sitting around waiting too. But they are Chinese, and they thought to bring food with them. Meg kept reminding me how we COULD HAVE went to eat at McDonalds across from the hotel, or went out to dinner with the other families... OK , well, too late now! We finally did check in and it took forever. Don't bring
carry-ons unless you have a husband with you to be the responsible one who can take charge, that's not me and I was miserable.
Oh, and remember that ROYAL FIT Hannah had at The White Swan?? It was NOTHING compared to what she did on the plane from Guangzhou to Hong Kong! NOTHING!!!!





No comments: